VHD stands for Virtual Hard Disk and this format is created using the Virtual Machine. Sometimes in the virtual environment, the users get restricted to mount the VHDX/VHD. This creates the data inaccessible and also the Hyper-V attachments get failed to open. There are multiple reasons behind this but the core of this blunder is that VHD/VHDX file is corrupted and Unreadable. So. let’s fix 0x80070570 vhdx error.
Methods to Fix Corrupted VHD/VHDX File
Whenever the error “VHD File is corrupted and unreadable” occurs, it creates the data of the Hyper-V inaccessible and makes the files unopenable. For resolving this issue there are multiple methods available that can be used, but first, let’s see the reasons for VHD File corruption(Error code 0x80070570).
These are some common reasons which create the blunder:
- Corruption due to data transmission over a faulty network.
- Due to sudden Hard Drive failure.
- Corruption in system files can be the reason.
- Interruption in storage device’s connection.
- Antivirus installation over the Virtual environment.
Also, know: How to fix VHD by converting them to VMDK
Method 1: Using Microsoft VHKDSK Utility
There is an inbuilt utility by Microsoft which lets the user fix corrupted VHD files. The utility is VHKDSK which can be used for doing so. Follow the below-mentioned steps to use this utility for fixing corruption.
- Mount the VHD file in the parent partition and run CHKDSK to repair it.
- Now, check the integrity and condition of the VHD File by using the virtual machine.
- Add the .vhd file to the IDE controller and then click on the Inspect.
- You can now merge any VHD and AVHD data files. All you need is, to verify whether it can be opened by Windows 7, server 2008 (for the Virtual machine) or not.
- Now, you can download the free Microsoft VHD tool, which includes a “repair” option that is meant to undo the expanding mode on a base VHD when multiple VHD files are available in the system environment.
Fix VHD/VHDX File is corrupted and Unreadable Using Vdiskrecovery Utility
As the above method does not provide the finest solution to the problem and that is limited to some minor corruption. The Vdiskrecovery tool can be used to resolve this blunder and you can use this utility in the case when the VHDX file is corrupted and unreadable.
For using this utility follow the below steps:
- Download and launch the Vdiskrecovery utility.
- Select the disk type, provide the file path and click on the Next button.
- Now, opt for the scanning mode and click on the Next button.
- Select the volume type and define the sectors to scan.
- Now, select the recovery mode and click on the next to start the recovery.
- Soon the file will get recovered and you will get the preview of recovered data.
- Define the saving location and click on the Ok button.
- The data will get saved on the defined location.
In this post, I’ve provided two methods to recover the corrupt VHD/VHDX file. I’ve also told you the reasons for the corruption and inaccessibility of the data. The first method is good enough for the minor corruption but if the corruption is more than minor then the second method will help you to remove the error VHD/VHDX File is Corrupted and Unreadable. I hope it helped you out in solving 0x80070570 vhdx error code.