How to Open VHD File in Virtualbox – Complete Guide
If you have a VHD file but do not know how to open VHD file in Virtualbox, this article is for you. Here, we explain what VHD/VHDX files are and how to open them in Oracle VM Virtualbox. Moreover, if your Virtual Disk file has been corrupted, we suggest the best solution to repair it. So, you can easily access the file content. Read the article till the end.
What are VHD/VHDX files?
VHD or Virtual Hard Disk files are identical to the physical Hard Disk Drives. These files store data like disk partitions, file systems, etc., for virtual machines. So, when you run a virtual machine, the data will be stored in a VHD/VHDX file. VHDX is a successor of the VHD file format.
As VHD is a file storing data of a VM, it is quite easy to share your data with another system. Along with that, there are many other advantages of VHD files. In the upcoming section, we will show you how you can open the VHD file in Oracle VM Virtualbox.
How to Open VHD File in Virtualbox
Oracle Virtualbox supports multiple types of Virtual disk files like VMDK, VDI, VHD, and VHDX. If you have Oracle VM Virtualbox installed in your system and have the desired VHD file, you can open the Virtual Disk file in a few simple steps.
Follow the below procedure to access the VHD file content.
- Open the Oracle VM Virtualbox Manager.
- Click on the Machine option and select the New option.
- In the Create Virtual Machine wizard, give an appropriate name and press the Next button.
- Now, specify the Base Memory for the virtual machine and hit Next.
- After that, tick the Use an Existing Virtual Hard Disk File option and click on the Browse button.
- Click on the Add button and choose the desired VHD file from your system. Press Open.
- At last, check the Virtual Machine configurations and click on the Finish button to complete the setup.
By performing the above steps, you can easily open the VHD file in Virtualbox. This method is effective and viable for both technical and non-technical users. Therefore, anyone can easily access their VHD files in Virtualbox provided that the VHD file should not be corrupted or damaged. If the Virtual Hard Disk file is damaged, you need to first repair it.
Now, you have learned how to open VHD file in Virtualbox. But you also need to know how to restore damaged files. There are different techniques to repair the corrupted/damaged VHD/VHDX file. But the best solution is to use the professional VHD Recovery Tool.
Professional Solution to Repair Corrupted VHD/VHDX File
VHD Recovery Tool is the most recommended solution to repair corrupted/damaged Virtual Hard Disk Files. It has multiple file recovery modes to restore data from heavily corrupted VHD files. Also, it offers numerous advanced features to choose only specific data from the corrupted file. This application supports all partition tables and file systems. Moreover, it is compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
Features of VHD Recovery Tool
- The application provides multiple file recovery options (Standard, Advanced, and Deep) to restore data from heavily corrupted VHD files.
- It supports both MBR and GPT partition tables and all File Systems.
- VHD Recovery Tool has the option to save the disk image of the recovered VHD file content.
- Allow you to add custom volume in the selected virtual hard disk file.
- Display a preview of the recovered VHD items in the free demo version.
- The application operates swiftly on all versions of Windows OS.
Steps to Repair Corrupted VHD File
Follow the below steps to repair corrupted/damaged VHD files via the professional VHD Recovery Tool.
- Run the VHD Recovery Tool and choose from Dynamic Disk and Fixed Disk.
- Browse the desired VHD file and click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Tick the Save Disk Image and give a specific destination for the disk image. Choose the scanning mode and click on the Next button.
- Now, choose the volume you want to repair. Also, you can add a custom volume. Hit Next to proceed.
- After that, choose the VHD file recovery mode: Standard, Advanced, or Deep. Press Next.
- Check the preview of the recovered VHD items and click on the Save button to save the repaired VHD file.
After reading this article, I hope you have learned how to open VHD file in Virtualbox. Oracle VM Virtualbox allows you to open any VHD file provided that it is in a healthy state. If the Virtual hard disk file is corrupted, you first need to repair it using the professional VHD Recovery Tool. After that, you can easily open the file in Virtualbox.