If you want to import VHD in hyper-v then you are on the right page. Here on this page, we will provide you the right solution for the process of importing the messages in the Hyper-V. But before knowing the process of Importing we firstly need to know about What is VHD files.
What are Hyper-V files and How to Install it?
Hyper-V is a virtualization platform launched in 2008 by Microsoft and it has releases the many new Hyper-V versions. The first version of Hyper-V launched in 2008 named Windows Server 2008 then more new versions are launched which is Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server R2.
Hyper-V is a windows server feature but even after that, it is also available as a separate product called the Microsoft Hyper-V Server. This feature is installed with the help of a window wizard of adding roles. Just like any other program, you can install Hyper-V but make sure that your window is newer than 2008. For a case when you haven’t a newer version of windows you need to update your system first then install Hyper-V in your system. Must restart/reboot your system after installing it. After rebooting the system you will see some additional services installed in your system including the Hyper-V manager.
Also Read: How to Import VHD in Windows?
Benefits to Import VHD in Hyper-V
- You have a flexible cloud environment with Hyper-V which lets you expand your shared resources uses. Also, supply its services as per demand and manage its utilization.
- On your scheduled or non scheduled stoppage, Hyper-V makes the impact of both of them low.
- With Hyper-V files, you have a centralized desktop strategy which ultimately increases your business processing speed and Operating System.
- Hyper-V security measures protect the data and the system from the malware attack.
- Hyper-V ensures the double security to your data as it protects your system and data from malware. It creates a copy of the virtual machine and saves it at the time of any natural or artificial disaster.
Why Do You Need To Import VHD?
There are several reasons behind the importing process of VHD in Hyper-V and some of them are:
- When the files of the virtual machine are damaged and the VHD is intact.
- At the time of the transfer process of the duplicates messages of a virtual disk to one or more locations.
- When you need to transfer the files between a guest or host or other virtual test machines.
- When there is a need for a new disk for an existing virtual machine.
How to Import VHD in Hyper-V
To import the VHD files in Hyper-V follow the below steps:
- Open Hyper-V manager center and select the virtual machine then click on the Settings.
- Select the controller type which you want to attach to the disk( there are two types of controller i.e., IDE Controller and SCSI controller). Choose any and hit on the Add button.
- On the new window, you can change the path provide to the file and also remove the virtual hard disk.
- From the first dropdown select the required controller. If the desired user can select the desired controller then the controller is automatically.
- In the next level, your wall has a location option here set the location for the controller to attach the disk.
- Initially make yourself sure that you can’t pick a location that is already in use( It will be marked as In Use).
- Then go to the file that you want to attach by clicking on the Browse button.
- Finally, apply all the recent changes by clicking on the Ok or Apply button in the setting menu.
This technical guide is all about the process of Open/Attach/Import VHD in Hyper-V. And so, we have discussed the benefits of Hyper-V and why you need to Import them. Apart from this, we have gone through all the manual steps required to complete this process. But if your VHD file is not well then it is impossible to open vhd file in hyper-v so we recommend you use VHD Repair Software tool which helps you to scan your files on the basis of the necessity of the corruption where you have different options to deal with that like Quick Scan, File Trace and Extensive Scan. Using this tool you can repair and recover your VHD data and safely store it on your computer or USB.